Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Very Late Tooth Fairy

Cameron was eating a peach 8/12/09 and his second bottom tooth fell out.  He was SO excited.  The tooth fairy hadn't come by the time he woke up.  Let me explain that one...a 5 day old baby!  So when he came into my room at 6:15am and I was nursing Chase he was sad beyond belief.  I had no idea why.  Finally he told me the tooth fairy forgot to come.  Oh my goodness...how was I going to recover from this one?  So I looked at the clock and said "Oh Cameron, I am pretty sure she works until 7am and there must have been lots of kids last night that lost their teeth and she's on the way."  It worked!  He was ok with waiting.  But then I had to figure out how to wake BJ up while I was trying to nurse Chase and keep it all a secret from Cameron & Haley.  COMPLICATED!  I finally got BJ up & he caught on to what was going on.  Luckily he found some money in the garage that he could put under the pillow so the kids wouldn't know what was going on.  Whew - the tooth fairy saved the day.  She even left a note that said sorry she was late but that she was really busy.  I love having kids!  Things like this would never happen without kids and it is so awesome!




1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hope the fairy put extra money down! :) Love the pic of Cam! And I also love, love the header of Chase!!