Sunday, November 21, 2010

Where did it go?

So I seriously can't believe next week is Thanksgiving. I mean, like 4 days from now. Is that possible? Holy smokes - where has the time gone? I am absolutely excited for the holidays to be here though. Both Cameron and Haley can't wait for the Friday after Thanksgiving so they can decorate their Christmas tree again. I allowed them to choose one ornament at the store yesterday. Cameron chose R2D2 from Star Wars and Haley chose a really sweet tiara. For Chase we chose Mr. Potato Head from Toy Story.

Speaking of Chase, he is quite the monkey. He loves to climb on everything he can find. He pulled himself up on the piano bench one night and just started playing the piano. He was sitting with perfect form and everything. Eek! He has also climbed into Haley's dresser drawer and thrown out all her clothes to make room for himself. Cameron and Haley never climbed on anything so this is a whole new world for us. We may actually have to invest in safety equipment for Chase! We are pretty sure we will need to tie our Christmas Tree to the wall this year so he can't pull it down. Chase is 15 months old now and still not walking. Again, this is totally fine by me. He only says Daddy and sometimes Thank You. And if we say "One" he will say "Doo." It's quite cute. He has four teeth on top and two on the bottom. He's wearing mostly 24 month tops and about 18 month bottoms. He hates to have socks on his feet. As soon as we put them on he usually pulls them right off. He loves the Gerber Graduates lil munchy things in the Garden Tomato flavor. He is on Silk right now because he had major diarrhea about a month ago and it appears he may be lactose intolerant. The same thing happened to Cameron around this age and now he can drink cows milk so we aren't too worried about Chase.

Haley is as spunky as ever. She is really starting to learn to read and she loves to read to me before bedtime. If there's a word I know she doesn't know I just read it and she keeps reading the words she does know. It's quite cute. She knows about 60 sight words. This morning she told me she was reading to her Barbies while she was waiting for me to wake up. So cute! The hamper in her bedroom was overflowing with clothes this week and she told me "Mom, I sure do have a big loaf of laundry!"

Cameron is doing great as well. We all love his 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Lombardo. He is also loving to read and he has to read a homework book each night and then he also likes to read me some portions out of Star Wars books before bed. I am so excited about this because about six months ago the only thing he liked to do was watch TV and play the Wii. He just finished his first season of flag football. They didn't win any games but he always had so much fun. He is already looking forward to next year.

Here's hoping for a great holiday season filled with all sorts of memory makers. Enjoy your time with your families - I know I will!

No comments: