Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Almost Christmas

As always, I can't believe so much time has passed. Christmas is next week. We are all absolutely jazzed and it is so fun. I love this time of year, much like my mother did when I was a child. I thank her for sharing her love for the season with me and I hope to pass the same on to my children. The kids are always asking me to turn Christmas music on in the car and that totally excites me. Yesterday on the way to school was no different. Then I told them that pretty soon Chase will start asking for Christmas music too and then it will be 4 against 1 when daddy says no Christmas songs and we will win hands down. They just giggled. It was awesome!

Chase still isn't walking, but he is standing up in the middle of the floor sometimes. He is talking very little. He says thank you, daddy, GG, Chase and cracker. If I remember correctly, he has four teeth each on top and bottom. We have a wooden train that spells out Herbolsheimer under the kids' Christmas trees. As soon as that train is placed he loves to go up to it and throw each letter as hard as he can. Needless to say, Herbolsheimer hasn't been spelled out very often because the letters just end up somewhere else anyway! That's about all the destruction he does with the decorations which is quite surprising to all of us, considering he's such a monkey and in to everything else. I can't remember if I had it in the last post or not, but he climbs on everything. We've found him on the kitchen counter, dining room table, game table, edges of the couch, Haley's dresser drawer....EVERYWHERE. It's a good thing he is so cute!

Haley is doing great in kindergarten. She sometimes loses a penny for talking to her friend, Chloe, in class. I reminded her one day not to talk to her and she said "But we're friends!" So cute. Haley's mastered 90 sight words already and she is loving to read now that she knows so many words.

Cameron has fallen in love with reading too and his teacher says he is reading at the benchmark level for end of 1st grade right now. We are proud of him. He also just got straight A's on his first report card. He went to his first birthday party alone a few weeks back. It was for a girl friend of his, Delaney. They went to Bounce U and then out to lunch at Rainforest Cafe. He had a BLAST! He and his friends play some sort of Scooby Doo game everyday at lunch. They've all created this fun game and it is so cool to hear him talk about it.

Enough for now...

1 comment:

2Peas said...

We love Christmas music too. Jeff enjoys the classics, but seems to get irritated with the "new" stuff.
Just a few more days and we get to enjoy the biggest day of the season and watch the kids open presents.