Monday, January 5, 2009

Can you relate?

Can any of you relate to this article? (I am challenged in the link department so I hope the link below will work. I tried to insert the link by following the directions but it didn't work.)

http://forums.parenting.com/blogs/parenting-post/posts/order-or-something-closely-resembling-it

Anyway, I think she is on to something. That week between Christmas and New Years is so busy and we pack it full of things to do and then we fail each and every year! I think I am going to have my own personal New Year start on February 1st. It will work for me!

And as a side note - Joseph was missing from my nativity a few years back and this year I am missing one of the wise men. Seriously - where do they go? Perhaps I should check my mis-matched sock drawer since nativity characters seem to be as mischevious as the socks are!

Who wants to join me for a New Years party on Jan 31? I am serious! However, it will be a dinner party since we all know that if we are missing Joseph, wise men and socks that we likely don't stay up until midnight!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

good article and great post! i agree its like one minute it's christmas and the next its a new year! i will totally join you for a dinner at your house! :) do a potluck! that would be fun! i did start one new years resolution tho my diet... but maybe i can wait on my other resolutions until feb. 1st!

2Peas said...

Is it January? I have lost all concept of time or maybe it froze out of my brain in the subzero temps of MN and ND, and as I KNOW I will keep zeeero resolutions - I gave up on those years ago. Oh yeah, right about the time I had my first New Year's with kids.
I loved the line of waiting for the Mom to show up to clean up the mess. I so felt that this year! My decorations are still up, and with the next few weeks of trips, family events, birthdays, trying to do something with the 6 GB of photos and videos from Dec, and just playing with all the new stuff we got I am leaving it up. It is off my radar! Maybe February when I am bored off my rocker (yeah right) I will do it.

I am up for a pot luck!

Y4 Momma said...

LOL...great article, and well I can relate too. Throw Luke's bday in the mix right after Christmas, and it's hectic!! And will be more when the kids go to school. I'm with ya on Feb 1st, sounds like a deal.

Nancy said...

I am catching up on your blog and just LOVE the snow pictures. You will have plenty more of that in a couple weeks here in MN. Do you all have warm MN type of clothes? Or should we try and borrow some for you? I am hoping we have had our cold weather and that warmer weather is on it's way. Warmer being above zero! Nancy