Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mixed Emotions

How can it be that I can feel so 'tired' of my kids and ask them to play quietly or play alone or ask them 1000 times to put their toys away and eat a good meal and wash their hands after they use the restroom and take their vitamins and be quiet at bedtime and wake up happy in the morning and and and and....

And then when they suddenly leave me for the night I immediately start to miss them as if they've been gone for a week and wont return for another week.

Tonight, Haley went to spend the night with GG and unexpectedly (but boy was he happy!) Cameron spent the night with my dad.  I'm not sure what to do with myself - honestly.  How odd.  

But what I do know is that I'm totally blessed to have family nearby that loves my kids as much as I do.  And I'm happy that my kids enjoy being away from me and enjoy being with other people.  We all can use some alone time every now and again.  And hey, if they eat a lot more snacks at Gramma's or GG's house than they would at home - that's 100% ok.  That's what being a kid is all about.

I love you guys - and I miss ya!  See you tomorrow.  I can't wait to hear about your day.

Love, Mom

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i think we all feel like that, thanks for sharing,, ava will drive me nuts but when she is gone i so miss her!