Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Eve

We started off our celebration at Central Christian Church.  It was great, and we have a great memory of getting booted out of our seats by a little old lady.  I know you're wondering, so I will tell you the story!  

BJ and I got there early to save 6 seats for the entire family (Us, Jeff, Jeny, boys, GG and Mima.)  So we're sitting and saving seats about 15 minutes before service starts and this lady walks up and starts to sit down in a saved seat.  I say "I'm sorry ma'am, but we're saving these."  She said "I sit here every service" and she continued to sit down in our saved seat.  This is where I had a really tough choice to make - do I be my normal self and stand my ground?  Or do I remember that I'm at church and in about 10 seconds I will be fighting with a 70 year old lady over a seat and we will both look like fools!  So I say again, "Well, I'm sorry, but we're saving these."  She says "TOUGH!"  Wow, I am in shock.  I can't believe this is happening.  So since I have to get the last word I stand up, touch her arm and tell her "You are a VERY sweet Christian.  Have a Merry Christmas" and we move!  She says to me as we are walking away "I know I am!"  Is that not ridiculous?  What a woman.  Anyway, church was great.


This pic is out of order, but it's the kids in the jammies that Santa brought them.  They all have matching striped pants and then long sleeve shirts that have their first initial on them.  So cool!  (Haley doesn't have her shirt on yet, actually, now that I look at the picture, she doesn't have any of her jammies on yet.  Hmm)
Santa came to visit.  GG made a wish!

Haley gives Santa some love.

Cameron LOVES is "San!"
The kids wait to see what he pulls out of his bag.
GG and the kids.
Me and GG making lefse.  Yummmm
The kids leave cookies, milk and ice cream for Santa once we get home.  We can't wait until morning!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

that is the funniest thing ever!! i like how you had to have the last word! did you guys get to sit together?