Monday, November 24, 2008

Family Night - Under The Sea!

I stole the idea from a blogger whom I have never met to have a themed family night.  The kids and I decided it would be more fun if we invited Sam & Toby, so we did.  We made an ocean out of crepe paper and the kids got creative and put the slide in front so they could slide under.  They hit their heads a few times but they didn't care one bit.  We cut fish and bubbles out of blue paper to put inside our ocean.  The kids wore their swimsuits and goggles too.

Haley goes for a swim!  Notice Sam is already under water?
We ate Octopus and sea shells!

Yummmm....Octopus is delicious!
We fished for goldfish!  Cameron was a really good fisherman.

Haley did a great job too, she just wasn't too sure about how close to get to them!
We played in the ocean trying to catch 'fish.'
And Aunt Jeny had a great idea to make snow globes.  They have Nemo figurines in a baby food jar with water and glitter. So cool!

It was so much fun to do and the kids loved it.  I really want to try to do it once a week but I think I might need to wait until after the holidays because it is just WAY too hectic right now.  I already bought some circus hats and big clown ties so I think the next theme night will be Under the Big Top.  Keep checking to see when it takes place!  Big thanks to Aunt Jeny for thinking up some cool stuff to do.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

that is so great that your going to do a family night, i really want to do that to, maybe next year, i think i read the same blogs as you about the family nights!

Sarah said...

by the way something about those hotdogs like that gives me the creeps!

Y4 Momma said...

what a cute idea!!!! I may steal it!!!