Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Doops

Wednesday, November 12 was Cameron's 5th birthday.  WOW!  It was a school day for him but that made it that much more special for him, I think.  I picked him up at lunchtime and we met BJ for lunch.  Cameron chose McDonald's for his special lunch.  He wanted his hair in a mohawk that day too.  He even got a Happy Meal on his birthday and it had Gloria from Madagascar in it.  (For those who don't know me well, I'm not too quick to purchase Happy Meals because aside from the toy, the food can be purchased for $1 and I just don't think it's worth it.)  Anyway, he was in heaven.
He got to play some too, of course.
Then I told him we would go to the store and buy cupcakes for his classmates.  We didn't buy them because I am too lazy to bake them myself; we bought them because that was the only way we could bring treats to school.  They only allow store purchased treats, and honestly, I am glad.  First of all it's so much easier to hit up the local Albertson's for some super cute cupcakes, not to mention that the thought of some of those school kid's kitchens and hygiene skills makes me SO happy that they can't bring in homemade food either.  The kids were so excited to see me because Cameron had told them early in the morning that he was going to bring cupcakes after he came back from lunch.  Many of them even gave me hugs.  It was so cute.  Haley got to join him in his class during the celebration, so that was a special treat for both of them.  I think Cameron really loved being in school on his birthday because of all the attention he got.
And to wrap up a perfect day, we went over to GG and Mima's house for pizza.  Daddy had to work on the new wood floor for a few hours so Mima bought pizza for us all.  YUMMY!  This picture here is of GG with the kids.  They just love her (and she loves them a little bit too!)
I can't believe my son is 5.  Where has all the time gone?  I love you, buddy.  You make my life special every single day.  

**In case you're wondering, Doops is what I call Cameron most of the time.  It's short for Doopa (I have no idea how to spell that) which means butt in Norwegian.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the mohawk on Cameron he looks so cute! Also the pic of the kids w/their great grandma is so adorable!

2Peas said...

Happy Birthday Cameron! 5 Years is Huge! Gotta love that your mom calls you a butt! Nothing but love there!